BARCELONA (ICIS)--How to capture growth from sustainability amid rapid changes in end use markets and the energy mix topped the agenda at this year’s virtual European Petrochemical Association (EPCA) meeting.
- Industry must change rapidly to meet need for low carbon, sustainable Europe
- With oil refineries closing, less naphtha availability may drive recycling
- Coronavirus has accelerated existing paradigm shifts
- BASF’s troubles reflect industry situation in Europe
- Polyethylene (PE) demand could fall rapidly if furlough schemes cut
Listen to this podcast with Caroline Ciuciu CEO, EPCA; John Richardson, ICIS senior consultant, Asia; Paul Hodges, chairman New Normal Consulting and ICIS Insight editor, Nigel Davis.
Editor’s note: This podcast is an opinion piece. The views expressed are those of the presenter and interviewees, and do not necessarily represent those of ICIS.
Read this week's special free EPCA edition of ICIS Chemical Business.
ICIS is organising regular updates to help the industry through this time of crisis. Register here .
Read Paul Hodges ICIS Chemicals and the Economy blog.
Read John Richardson's Asia Chemical Connections blog.
Click here to read the latest free pH Report Outlook newsletter.
Interview by Will Beacham