BARCELONA (ICIS)--Softening chemicals demand and prices in China may be an early sign of trouble ahead for the global industry in 2021.
- High inventories, weaker demand for China chemicals
- Falling China prices may signal trouble ahead for recovery
- Strong economic, chemicals recovery in H2 2020
- Paradigm shifts apparent in 2020 will accelerate through 2021
- Includes new demand patterns, supply chains, energy balances, circular economy, advanced manufacturing
- Beware of non-tariff barriers despite Brexit free trade deal
- Customs procedures, rules of origin, Reach UK may all add complexity
Podcast interview with Paul Hodges, chairman at New Normal Consulting and Nigel Davis, ICIS Insight Editor.
Editor’s note: This podcast is an opinion piece. The views expressed are those of the presenter and interviewees, and do not necessarily represent those of ICIS.
Interview by Will Beacham
Click here to register for a free ICIS Brexit and chemicals webinar at 10am UK time on Friday 8 January.