BARCELONA (ICIS)--Governments and regulators need to act more quickly on climate change to give chemical companies certainty as they plan to invest in low carbon technologies.
- Industry needs certainty on targets, regulation, support
- BASF CEO Martin Brudermuller says company needs renewable energy to meet climate goals
- Brudermuller warns that Europe may fall behind the US and China on renewables
- Chemical and energy companies could partner to secure renewable energy supplies
- Court decision against Shell highlights need for swift climate action by oil companies
- G7 leaders should commit to vaccinating emerging economies
- Rising inflation could push up interest rates and dampen economic growth
Will Beacham interviews Nigel Davis, ICIS Insight Editor, John Richardson, ICIS Senior Consultant Asia, and Paul Hodges, chairman of New Normal Consulting.
Editor’s note: This podcast is an opinion piece. The views expressed are those of the presenter and interviewees, and do not necessarily represent those of ICIS.
ICIS is organising regular updates to help the industry understaind current market trends. Register here .
Read the latest issue of ICIS Chemical Business.
Read Paul Hodges and John Richardson's ICIS blogs.
Interview by Will Beacham