PODCAST: European downstream phenol and acetone markets face ongoing uncertainty
LONDON (ICIS)–The European phenol and acetone markets are paying close attention to demand in the downstream bisphenol-A (BPA), epoxy resins, polycarbonate (PC) and methyl methacrylate (MMA) markets because sectors such as automotive remain slow and demand caution is creeping into construction.
- European phenol and acetone turnarounds end soon. Will demand match supply?
- MMA market softens on weak demand and Asian imports, counteracting local supply disruptions
- PC market lengthens as demand hit by high product pricing, economic woes
- BPA contract demand holds despite derivative caution on supply constraints and strong contract over spot trend
- High costs, strong Asian export competition and demand uncertainty present challenge to Europe BPA and epoxy markets