PODCAST: European downstream phenol and acetone markets face ongoing uncertainty
LONDON (ICIS)–The European phenol and acetone markets are paying close attention to demand in the downstream bisphenol-A (BPA), epoxy resins, polycarbonate (PC) and methyl methacrylate (MMA) markets because sectors such as automotive remain slow and demand caution is creeping into construction.
- European phenol and acetone turnarounds end soon. Will demand match supply?
- MMA market softens on weak demand and Asian imports, counteracting local supply disruptions
- PC market lengthens as demand hit by high product pricing, economic woes
- BPA contract demand holds despite derivative caution on supply constraints and strong contract over spot trend
- High costs, strong Asian export competition and demand uncertainty present challenge to Europe BPA and epoxy markets
Speak with ICIS
Now, more than ever, dynamic insights are key to navigating complex, volatile commodity markets. Access to expert insights on the latest industry developments and tracking market changes are vital in making sustainable business decisions.
Want to learn about how we can work together to bring you actionable insight and support your business decisions?