SINGAPORE (ICIS)--Asia’s polystyrene (PS) market is poised to stay buoyant in the near term on snug supply and healthy downstream demand. Chinese workers use expanded Polystyrene (EPS) foam to build houses. (Imagine China/REX/Shutterstock) In the week ended 14 December, spot prices of general purpose PS (GPPS) gained $10/tonne from the…
US chem stocks post more losses as Dow Jones falls 2.11%2018/12/17
HOUSTON (ICIS)--US-listed chemical stocks posted their second large loss on…
Europe naphtha-based cracker margins rise, LPG margins fall week on week2018/12/17
LONDON (ICIS)--European cracker margins based on naphtha feedstock have risen…
Why read ICIS news
ICIS news editors around the world are reporting breaking news stories that impact chemical markets, influence commodity prices, and affect your daily business decisions.
- 24 hour coverage on every significant event across the key global chemical and energy markets
- Unbiased and independent news from reporters based on the ground
- Analysis and insight articles assessing key trends and offering deeper insight
- Searchable archive with over 900,000 articles from the past 10 years
Try our premium news service
Our subscription-only premium news service provides you with access to our full range of breaking news and analysis - all via one integrated online platform.
- Access all your ICIS premium services via one log in
- Easily view, print and download our full range of news stories, insights and analysis
- Filter and customise your dashboard to only get the content that is relevant to you
- View news and analysis on the go via mobile and tablet
- Experience new improved site usability, performance and streamlined search functionality
RSS FEED twitter
Stay in touch with ICIS
Receive monthly market updates
The Monthly Markets Round-up gives you a selection of the latest white papers, market information and product news from ICIS, providing you with updates and expert analysis of the global petrochemicals, energy and fertilizer markets, all in one place.
Our experts will hand-pick key articles every month, giving you the latest trends and outlooks and keeping you on top of the newest market developments.
US Outlook Seminar 2019
The US-China trade war and chemical market volatility were key features of 2018. So, what is in store for 2019 and how can market participants best prepare themselves for the year ahead? Join us on the 30th of January 2019 from 13:00-17:00 at Hotel Derek, Houston, Texas.
The ICIS Outlook Seminar 2019 will once again bring together the most relevant and up-to-date information on key developments, potential growth opportunities and future trends in the petrochemicals and polymer markets, including: olefins, aromatics. chlor-alkalis, intermediates.
US Carbon Seminar
The US carbon market is continually evolving, with auction outcomes and the amendments to the post-2020 programme, as well as secondary market developments. Join us on 17 January 2019 from 12:00-17:00 at Hotel Derek, Houston, Texas to find out.
The ICIS US Carbon Seminar will once again bring together the most relevant and up-to-date information on future trends, impact on the markets, key developments and potential growth opportunities. Join our market experts as they discuss the most important and engaging developments affecting the US carbon markets.