China’s YPC-GPRO delays BR plant restart on weak market conditions

11 March 2014 03:45 Source:ICIS News

SINGAPORE (ICIS)--China’s YPC-GPRO Rubber Co has delayed the restart of its 100,000 tonne/year butadiene rubber (BR) plant in Nanjing, Jiangsu province, because of weak market conditions, market sources said.

The Chinese joint venture shut down its BR plant on 15 January and was expected to resume production at the end of February, but prevailing weak market conditions have again delayed its restart, the sources added.

It is not known when the BR plant will restart, according to the sources.

The BR plant has two lines with a capacity of 50,000 tonnes/year each.

Sinopec Yangzi Petrochemical has a 60% stake in YPC-GPRO Rubber Co, while Jiangsu GPRO Group holds the remaining 40%.

Additional reporting by Sunny Pan and Lisa Han

By Helen Yan