16 May 2008 10:33 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (ICIS news)--Shares in only five of the original 66 companies remained suspended from trading on the Shanghai and Shenzhen stock exchanges on Friday following the earthquake in the southwestern Chinese province of Sichuan.
In the Shenzhen Stock Exchange (SZSE), trading resumed in seven companies, leaving only three firms under suspension, a SZSE statement said, adding they would return to trading after making the necessary disclosure regarding the quake.
The statement also said that chemical company Sichuan Meifeng was among those that had resumed trading.
Sichuan Meifeng told SZSE that its production facility and property were generally not damaged, and that it had suspended production to avoid aftershock of the earthquake.
At the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE), a company official said only two companies continued to have their shares suspended due to the earthquake. The other 43 companies had already resumed trading, with nine having earlier put out assessments of the earthquake on their business.
Have you personally or your business been impacted by the earthquake in ?xml:namespace>
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|