20 August 2009 05:24 [Source: ICIS news]
GUANGZHOU (ICIS news)--China’s Jilin Connell Chemical and Anhui Huainan Chemical Co plan to jointly build a 180,000 tonne/year nitric acid and a 120,000 tonne/year synthesis ammonia plant, a company source said on Thursday.
Construction work on the yuan (CNY) ?xml:namespace>
Production was expected to commence in July next year, the source added.
The joint venture facility would mainly provide feedstock for Connell Chemical’s aniline unit, the source said. The company has an existing aniline capacity of 150,000 tonne/year, which it plans to expand to 300,000 tonne/year in the future.
Anhui Huainan Chemical has a 60% stake in the joint venture while Jilin Connell Chemical has the remaining 40%.
To discuss issues facing the chemical industry go to ICIS connect
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|
Asian Chemical Connections