GPCA ‘10: Advanced Petrochemicals to restart PDH, PP units

07 December 2010 13:47  [Source: ICIS news]

DUBAI (ICIS)--Advanced Petrochemicals Co plans to restart its propane dehydrogenation (PDH) and polypropylene (PP) plants at Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia, on 10 December following an unscheduled shutdown last month, a company source said on Tuesday.

“The plants were shut down on 28 November due to technical problems,” the source said on the sidelines of the fifth annual Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA) forum in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.

Advanced Petrochemicals' PDH and PP plants each have a capacity of 450,000 tonnes/year.

The outage has intensified the tightness in the Middle East’s PP markets, according to traders.

State-owned Saudi Industrial Development Fund owns a 47% stake in Advanced Petrochemicals, with the remaining 53% held by private Saudi Arabian and foreign investors.

The three-day GPCA forum runs from 7-9 December.

Please visit the complete ICIS plants and projects database
To discuss issues facing the chemical industry visit
ICIS connect


By: Prema Viswanathan
+65 6780 4359



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly

ICIS news FREE TRIAL
Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.
ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)
ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index