Saudi's SPC ramps up PP facility after brief outage

04 April 2012 12:42  [Source: ICIS news]

SINGAPORE (ICIS)--Saudi Polyolefins Co (SPC) is in the progress of ramping up its polypropylene (PP) line in Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia after a three to four-day-long outage, a company source said on Wednesday.

One of the two reactors on the line was shut because of technical issues, with production of about 2,000 tonnes of PP material lost, the source said at the sidelines of the third Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA) Plastics Summit, which runs to Thursday.

The affected PP line and a second PP line at the same site have a combined nameplate capacity of 720,000 tonnes/year, he said.

SPC is a joint venture between the Saudi National Industrialisation Co (TASNEE), which holds a 75% stake, and Netherlands-based LyondellBasell, which holds the remaining 25%.


By: Ong Sheau Ling
+65 6780 4359



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly