08 May 2012 05:07 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (ICIS)--Saudi Arabia’s Advanced Petrochemical will restart its two 225,000 tonne/year polypropylene (PP) facilities at Al-Jubail on 22 May following a scheduled turnaround, a source close to the company said on Tuesday.
The two PP units were shut on 1 May for annual maintenance, the source said.
Advanced only produces homo PP grades such as yarn (raffia), injection and biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP) film. It does not produce PP copolymer grades.
“Although buying sentiment for May shipments is not strong, we have no pressure to sell because of the turnaround,” he said, adding that the shutdown should not have a large impact on the market.
Advanced officials could not be immediately reached for comment.
Advanced is 47% owned by the Saudi Industrial Development Fund, while the remaining 53% stake is held by private investors.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
Asian Chemical Connections