Indonesia’s Kaltim Methanol to shut Bontang methanol unit in Nov

17 August 2012 05:38  [Source: ICIS news]

SINGAPORE (ICIS)--Indonesia’s Kaltim Methanol Industri (KMI) is planning to shut its 660,000 tonne/year methanol plant at Bontang in eastern Kalimantan for maintenance in early November for 40 days, a company source said on Friday.

No details on the current operating rate of the plant were immediately available.

Kaltim Methanol is jointly owned by Japan’s Sojitz, which holds an 85% stake, Indonesia’s PT Humpuss with a 10% stake and Daicel Chemical Singapore, which holds a 5% share, based on information posted on the company’s website.

Sojitz does the overseas marketing for 70% of the methanol produced by the company, while the remaining 30% is marketed in Indonesia by Humpuss, according to KMI’s website.

Many methanol buyers in Indonesia are formaldehyde makers that produce adhesives for plywood and other wood processing industries.


By: Heng Hui
+65 6780 4359



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly