China’s Befar Group to shut Shandong PO line in early September

28 August 2012 10:49  [Source: ICIS news]

SINGAPORE (ICIS)--China’s Befar Group plans to shut its 80,000 tonne/year propylene oxide (PO) line in Shandong province in early September for scheduled maintenance, a company source said on Tuesday.

The PO line will be shut for seven to 10 days, while its other 110,000 tonne/year line at the same site will continue to run at full rate, the source said.

Market players expect the shutdown to have little impact on the market as there are no maintenance shutdowns scheduled for the other PO units in Shandong province during the period.

Meanwhile, Shandong Dongchen has restarted its 50,000 tonne/year PO plant on August 27. Shandong Shida Shenhua plans to restart its newly expanded 60,000 tonne/year PO plant at the end of August from 40,000 tonnes/year previously, a company source said on Tuesday.


By: Vikki Shen



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly