22 January 2013 23:47 [Source: ICIS news]
HOUSTON (ICIS)--BP’s group chief executive said on Tuesday that the company is “gravely concerned” about the welfare of four employees who remain unaccounted for following the conclusion of the In Amenas hostage crisis in ?xml:namespace>
Bob Dudley said the
“It is with great sadness that I now have to say that we fear the worst for them all,”
Four employees of BP and five workers of
Fourteen of BP’s 18 employees working at the gas field at the time of the attack have been confirmed safe and have left
The company's offices around the world will be holding a minute of silence on Wednesday as a mark of respect for those who lost their lives at In Amenas. BP also said it has sent personnel back to In Amenas to support efforts to gather confirmed information.
“The terrible events of last week have affected every one of us at BP deeply,”
“We are mindful that many others – from partners, contractors and other companies – have died or remain unaccounted for. Our thoughts are also with their families, friends and loved ones at this time.”
The In Amenas gas field is jointly operated by Algerian state-owned Sonatrach, BP and Statoil. According to BP, the field is a large operation with a workforce at times of 500-700 people, the majority of them being Algerian nationals.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|
Asian Chemical Connections