Statoil confirms death of two workers in In Amenas attack

25 January 2013 13:22  [Source: ICIS news]

LONDON (ICIS)--Statoil said on Friday that two of its workers, who had been missing since the terror attack at In Amenas, Algeria, on 16 January, have been confirmed dead.

The workers, both Norwegian, are Tore Bech and Thomas Snekkevik.

Three Statoil employees are still missing after the terror attack on 16 January, the Norway-based international energy major said.

"The situation remains unresolved for three Statoil employees, and neither the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs nor Statoil have confirmed information regarding their whereabouts," the company added.


By: Stefan Baumgarten
+1 713 525 2653



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly