UpdateThird Statoil worker confirmed dead in Algeria terror attack

25 January 2013 18:09  [Source: ICIS news]

(updates throughout)

LONDON (ICIS)--Statoil on Friday informed media about the death of a third worker who had been missing since the terrorist attack on the In Amenas natural gas site in Algeria on 16 January.

Statoil said the worker was Hans Bjone, a Norwegian resident.

Earlier on Friday, the Norway-based international energy major already said that two workers had been confirmed dead.

Meanwhile, two other Statoil employees are still missing after the terrorist attack last week.


By: Stefan Baumgarten
+1 713 525 2653



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly