27 January 2014 09:54 [Source: ICIS news]
DUBAI (ICIS)--Saudi Arabian Bahri Dry Bulk received 82,000 deadweight tonne (dwt) dry cargo vessel built by Oshima Shipbuilding in Japan, the National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia (Bahri), parent firm of Bahri Dry Bulk, said on Monday.
“This is the third vessel delivered from the five vessels that were contracted in 2012,” Bahri said in a statement to Saudi stock exchange.
“There are two vessels remaining under construction which are expected to be delivered in the first half of 2014,” it added.
Bahri owns 60% of Bahri Dry Bulk, while the remaining 40% is held by state-run Arabian Agricultural Services Co (ARASCO).
Bahri Dry Bulk had signed contract to build five dry bulk ships with the Japanese leading shipyards in 2012. Those vessels have a capacity of 82,000dwt and length of 229 meters each. They consume less fuel and are eco-friendly.
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|
Asian Chemical Connections