BARCELONA (ICIS)--China is expected to unveil far-reaching plans which will impact the chemical industry around the world at this week’s Fifth Plenum meeting.
- China could come to dominate global plastics recycling technology
- Could dominate global renewable energy and electric vehicles (EVs)
- Build global alliance of countries which believe human activity creates climate change
- Big strides in cleaning up China’s environment
- More petrochemical self-sufficiency
- Expansion of Belt and Road initiative
- Rapid action on pandemic, allies to receive vaccines
- Growth of domestic self-sufficiency and poverty reduction
China's fifth plenum meeting takes place 26-29 October.
Podcast interview with Paul Hodges, chairman New Normal Consulting; Nigel Davis, ICIS Insight editor, and John Richardson, ICIS senior consultant, Asia.