BARCELONA (ICIS)--Major new coronavirus lockdowns in China could threaten demand for chemical imports, and hurt industrial production of products for local consumption and export.
- China lockdowns could threaten domestic production
- This would hurt chemical imports and exports of finished goods
- Global container shortage should improve after Chinese New Year in February
- Stellar growth in polyethylene (PE) demand should absorb new China capacity
- Chemical market tightness signals end of commodity downcycle
- Europe manufacturing holding up well so far
- Uncertainty for Q2 and rest of year