PODCAST: How chemical markets are reacting to Russian invasion of Ukraine
LONDON (ICIS) Global chemicals markets have been dominated by the Russian invasion Ukraine as the conflict has caused costs to take an immediate upswing.
- TotalEnergies response to the invasion
- The impact on upstream prices across the world
- Pressure on energy trade flows
- Downstream demand could collapse in response to rising costs
- Bottlenecks could shift trading to more localised level as supply routes disrupted
- UN Environment Assembly plastics pact, what this means for sustainability and the industry
In this Think Tank podcast, Senior Reporter Morgan Condon interviews ICIS Insight Editor Nigel Davis, ICIS Senior Consultant Asia John Richardson and Paul Hodges, chairman of New Normal Consulting.
Edited by Melissa Hurley
Editor’s note: This podcast is an opinion piece. The views expressed are those of the presenter and interviewees, and do not necessarily represent those of ICIS.
Read the latest issue of ICIS Chemical Business.
Read Paul Hodges and John Richardson’s ICIS blogs.
Topic page: Ukraine
Topic Page Directory can be accessed here.
Global News + ICIS Chemical Business (ICB)
See the full picture, with unlimited access to ICIS chemicals news across all markets and regions, plus ICB, the industry-leading magazine for the chemicals industry.
Now, more than ever, dynamic insights are key to navigating complex, volatile commodity markets. Access to expert insights on the latest industry developments and tracking market changes are vital in making sustainable business decisions.
Want to learn about how we can work together to bring you actionable insight and support your business decisions?