PODCAST: Digital marketplaces reach tipping point as tech-savvy generation takes over chemicals
BARCELONA (ICIS)–Chemical industry digital marketplaces are on the brink of becoming more widely used as younger people replace digital dinosaurs across the sector.
- Generational change drives greater acceptance of digital marketplaces
- Uptake could accelerate, driven by more remote working since pandemic
- Digital platforms bring suppliers and customers together more efficiently
- Marketplaces can enable almost the entire sales process
- May be limits to platforms handling large, long-term transactions
- Digital marketplaces will compete with traditional distribution channels
In this Think Tank podcast, Will Beacham and Meeta Ramnani interview Ali Amin-Javaheri, CEO of US-based digital marketplace Knowde; Mark Nikolich, CEO of Braskem America; and Deb Fronczak, former head of procurement for 3M.
Editor’s note: This podcast is an opinion piece. The views expressed are those of the presenter and interviewees, and do not necessarily represent those of ICIS.
ICIS is organising regular updates to help the industry understand current market trends. Register here.
Read the latest issue of ICIS Chemical Business.
Read Paul Hodges’ and John Richardson’s ICIS blogs.
Speak with ICIS
Now, more than ever, dynamic insights are key to navigating complex, volatile commodity markets. Access to expert insights on the latest industry developments and tracking market changes are vital in making sustainable business decisions.
Want to learn about how we can work together to bring you actionable insight and support your business decisions?