PODCAST: How data can help chemicals towards a low carbon future
BARCELONA (ICIS)–Chemical companies can harness new sources of data which will help them make strategic decisions on new business models for a less carbon-intensive future.
- Chemical companies need analysis of short and long-term market drivers
- Data and analytics can forecast long-term supply & demand trends
- Decision-making increasingly complex, marrying net zero with the need to remain profitable
- New sources of data can help companies measure Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions
- There are no agreed standards for Life Cycle Assessments
- Emerging green premiums for low carbon products
- Huge volatility in prices, margins for recyclers
- Recycled polymer markets behave differently to virgin
In this podcast, Will Beacham interviews ICIS senior editor for recycling, Mark Victory; ICIS head of commercial strategy – sustainability, Soline Guérineau; and ICIS head of commercial strategy – chemicals, Redwan Hoque.
Global News + ICIS Chemical Business (ICB)
See the full picture, with unlimited access to ICIS chemicals news across all markets and regions, plus ICB, the industry-leading magazine for the chemicals industry.
Now, more than ever, dynamic insights are key to navigating complex, volatile commodity markets. Access to expert insights on the latest industry developments and tracking market changes are vital in making sustainable business decisions.
Want to learn about how we can work together to bring you actionable insight and support your business decisions?