General terms and conditions – Pre May 2014
- Restrictions on Use
- Passwords and Security
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Limitation of Liability
- Law and Jurisdiction
Authorised Users and Subscribers may use the Service and the Materials that appear on it from time to time for their own private or business research, and for this purpose may:
- display the Materials on screen;
- make printouts of items included in the Materials using the printing commands contained in the Service
- download and store in machine readable a single copy of insubstantial portions of the Materials primarily for one person’s exclusive use.
2. RESTRCITION ON USER AUTHORISED USERS AND SUBSCRIBERS MAY NOT:
- make multiple printouts or copies of Materials for distribution to Unauthorised Persons;
- re-sell the Service or any part of the Materials to others;
- make the Service or any Materials available to Unauthorised Persons on a local area network, a wide area network or on any intranet or extranet;
- abstract, download, store, reproduce, transmit, display, copy, distribute or use the Materials other than as permitted by paragraph 1 above;
- decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the computers, software programs, databases or other systems used by ICIS to provide the Service;
- use the Service for any illegal purpose nor send or post or allow any posting of information which is defamatory or obscene or which violates the legal rights of others, nor use the Service to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, or any volume messages which may interfere with the provision of the Service or the enjoyment of the Service by other users.
3. USERNAMES, PASSWORDS AND SECURITY
- Usernames and Passwords may not be made available to Unauthorised Persons for the purpose of using the Service. If we suspect that a username and password is being used by an Unauthorised Person we may cancel it;
- We may suspend access to the Service at any time without compensation if we suspect, on reasonable grounds, a breach of these terms and conditions.
- Materials and features may be added to and removed from the Service without notice.
- The Materials and information included in the Service are provided for reference purposes only. They are not intended either as a substitute for professional advice or judgement or to provide legal or other advice with respect to particular circumstances.
- Every effort is made to keep Materials up to date but Subscribers and Authorised Users should obtain independent verification or advice before relying on any piece of information in circumstances where loss or damage may result.
- The Service and Materials are provided on an ‘as is’ basis and ICIS excludes to the extent permitted by law all implied warranties relating to fitness for a particular purpose.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All intellectual property rights and other rights in the Service and Materials (in both machine readable and printed form) belong to ICIS or their respective third-party licensors. Authorised Users and Subscribers acquire no proprietary interest in the Service or Materials and except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions and may not use the Service or the Materials in any way that infringes the intellectual property rights in them.Authorised Users and Subscribers may not obscure or remove any copyright notices that appear on Materials printed from the Service.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The total aggregate liability of ICIS in connection with the use of the Service or Materials (other than for death or personal injury caused by our negligence) shall not exceed the actual direct damages, excluding any loss of profit or loss of business suffered by the Subscriber, or the amount paid by the Subscriber for the Service, during the annual subscription period in which the damage occurred, whichever is the lesser. ICIS shall have no liability for indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- The liability of ICIS for interruptions to availability of the Service caused by circumstances within its control shall not exceed the amount paid by the Subscriber for access to the Service during the period of non-availability. The only obligation of ICIS in respect of interruptions caused by circumstances outside its control shall be to use all reasonable efforts to have the Service reinstated.
7. LAW AND JURISDICTION
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the Laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.As at 1st August 2006, these terms and conditions apply to all new Subscribers and to all renewal Subscribers from the date of their renewal.
Registered Office: Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS
Registered in England under Company No. 0151537
VAT Number: GB 235723565