ICIS/FECC PODCAST: Charting the global supply chain crisis
LONDON (ICIS)–With no end in sight to the unprecedented supply chain shocks that have run through global trade since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, chemicals sector players continue to adapt to the ever-changing landscape. With complete global vaccination still on the distant horizon, it remains difficult to tell when things will shift back to normal, or what normal is likely to look at in the post-pandemic era.
In this ICIS Think Tank podcast, chief news correspondent Tom Brown interviews Dorothee Arns, director general of Fecc, Nigel Davis, ICIS Insight Editor, and John Richardson, ICIS Senior Consultant Asia.
- Weather, supply chains, force majeures all continuing to strain deliveries
- Green deal and additional regulatory requirements also in the pipeline
- Margins still firm as demand remains robust
- China growth continuing to slow
- Low developing world vaccination rates continue to impact growth
- Lack of container space causing huge price discrepancies
- Timeline before any form of normalisation remains cloudy
- Strategy more important than ever
- Pandemic a stress test both of private life and business models
- The longer conditions continue, the more distant the old normal becomes
- Vaccination needs to be worldwide before a new normal can exist
- Increasing extreme weather highlights the need for sustainability
- Supply chain agility a key competitive advantage now
Editor’s note: This podcast is an opinion piece. The views expressed are those of the presenter and interviewees, and do not necessarily represent those of ICIS.
ICIS is organising regular updates to help the industry understand current market trends. Register here .
Read the latest issue of ICIS Chemical Business.
Read Paul Hodges and John Richardson’s ICIS blogs.
Speak with ICIS
Now, more than ever, dynamic insights are key to navigating complex, volatile commodity markets. Access to expert insights on the latest industry developments and tracking market changes are vital in making sustainable business decisions.
Want to learn about how we can work together to bring you actionable insight and support your business decisions?