Technical Analysis: A Comprehensive Course
24-Oct-2023 to 27-Oct-2023 | Start Time: 8:00AM London / 11:00AM UAE / 3:00PM Singapore
Key topics include
- Deepen your knowledge of what technical analysis is all about as the course explores its historical roots, its difference with fundamental analysis, and criticisms.
- Learn ten different charting types and which ones are best to be incorporated into your workflow. Candlestick, Heikin Ashi, Renko, Point and Figure and bar charts are just some of them.
- Discover all about chart reading as the course explains how to interpret big and small chart patterns, trends, gaps, support and resistance, price targets and much more. Understand when to use what mathematical tools in your analysis.
- Learn to incorporate Elliott wave theory, Fibonacci levels, and correlations into your technical analysis. Taught tools will be showcased in a live application.
Who should attend?
The principals of technical analysis apply to all sufficiently liquid markets, making it the preferred tool kit for market participants in the energy, petrochemicals, and general commodities markets.
The course is suitable to all levels professionals working in the energy and petrochemicals industry who would like to get a solid understanding of technical analysis, including:
- Portfolio Managers
- Category Managers
- Strategic decision makers
$1,750 (+UK VAT at 20% if applicable)*
24-27 October 2023 | 8:00AM London / 11:00AM UAE / 3:00PM Singapore (EMEA/GST/Asia)
REGISTER HERE (24-27 October 2023)
*NB: Please enter your VAT number (or local equivalent) on our payment page, otherwise UK VAT at 20% will be applied. Customers based in the UK will be charged UK VAT at 20% whether or not a VAT number is provided.
For group bookings of three or more please contact us:
Jerricor Dayrit Asia/Middle East
Tel: +65 6780 4321
What to expect in the virtual training?
- Fully digital platform
All sessions will be accessed virtually from your computer, tablet or mobile, giving you the flexibility of taking the course at your chosen location and device.
- Live and interactive sessions
Understanding the relevance of getting access to information in real time, the course will be delivered live and include interactive sessions providing you with a platform to engage with trainers and other delegates.
- Modular approach
The course will run over 4 days with a total of 15 hours of tuition time.
Marcello Kolax – Head of Technical Analysis, ICIS
Marcello Kolax leads the technical analysis team at ICIS. Marcello is a certified technician and obtained his qualification with the Society of Technical Analysts. He has previously covered for ICIS the German and Dutch wholesale natural gas hubs.
Choo Chin Fong – Technical Analyst, ICIS
Choo Chin Fong is a technical analyst with ICIS, currently covering the energy markets.
He holds the Chartered Market Technician (CMT), the professional designation in the field of technical analysis.
Prior to joining ICIS, he has covered indices and equities markets for financial institutions.
Fang Wei Lee – Technical Analyst, ICIS
FangWei is a technical analyst with ICIS, currently covering the energy markets. He has previously covered indices and equities for financial institutions during his time with a boutique technical analysis research firm.
The ICIS technical analysis team were a proud finalist of The Technical Analyst Awards 2021 in the ‘Best Commodities Research’ category.
Bespoke Training Solutions
ICIS works alongside our clients to create bespoke training courses that mould our expertise and your specific needs. We’ll pinpoint the current expertise of your employees, areas for improvement, and your business goals, and develop a training course that will bring tangible benefits to your business.
Our custom training courses are delivered as interactive workshops, focusing on the products, concepts and issues that are most relevant and beneficial to you.
- Save money on transportation and accommodation, with training at a convenient location
- Flexibility – you determine the length and duration of the sessions
- Interactive workshops with hands-on exercises, to reinforce key skills, techniques and concepts
- Take-away the course materials, presentations and background information for future reference
To enquire about in-house training for this course please click here and a member of our team will get back to you.
What our customers say
Chandra Peram, Analyst & Energy Trader
“The course far surpassed my expectations. The course topics are critical for understanding the current European natural gas market situation and how these events will shape the market in the future. I’d also like to thank the course instructors for their clear and informative presentations.”
Hong Kong Petrochemical
“Our clients recognise ICIS prices as an independent benchmark. Using ICIS price assessments in our purchasing contracts saves us time and helps us secure an appropriate supply of feedstock for our plants at the reasonable price.”
“ICIS price forecasts have helped us allocate resources smartly and efficiently, to anticipate price changes, and to buy PP at favourable prices.
The reports have saved our internal team a lot of time and effort when analysing pricing trends.”
Get in Touch
If you want to find out how our decision-making tools can help you navigate market shifts, contact us today. Simply fill in your details, submit the form and a member of our team will get in touch with you.