ICIS maintains a network of locally based reporters, providing not only price assessments but also market commentary and analysis of phthalate and non-phthalate plasticizers, to guide you in strategic planning, trading and negotiating contracts.
Use ICIS information to:
- Obtain weekly price movements
- Monitor supply and demand
- Understand the dynamics between various types of plasticizers
- Look for arbitrage opportunities
Phthalate Plasticizers news and market information products from ICIS
We offer the following regional Phthalate Plasticizers coverage to keep you informed of factors and developments affecting prices in the Europe Phthalate Plasticizers marketplace.
Price Reporting – More information about the price reports we publish on Phthalate Plasticizers
Independent price assessments and market coverage
Price History – More information about the historical price data we publish on Gas
Track historical price data
News & analysis
News & Analysis - News & market analysis specifically relating to Phthalate Plasticizers
Breaking news of latest developments affecting the markets.
Insight and analysis of factors driving prices.
Updated to Q1 2018
The plasticizers markets were largely balanced. Dioctyl terephalate (DOTP) saw some supply restrictions which was attributed to a lack of imported volume from both Asia and Turkey, combined with some limitations of upstream 2-ethyl hexanol (2-EH) and good demand. Other plasticizers were balanced. European units were said to be running according to plan.
Buying interest for plasticizers in the first quarter was fairly reasonable and some grades, namely DOTP saw healthier demand. Most customers stated that offtake was in line with expectations. Growth rates were expected to be at around 3-5% and economic messages remained strong.
The newly launched ICIS Europe Plasticizers price report allows you to evaluate the different types of plasticizers and select the most appropriate type to use in production, by monitoring weekly price assessments, supply and demand data, production and feedstock news and updates, legislative changes, and trade flows within Turkey, Asia and the US.
What the report covers:
- Spot free-delivered (FD) northwest Europe (NWE) price assessments for dioctyl phthalate (DOP), di-isononyl phthalate (DINP), dipropyl heptyl phthalate (DPHP) and dioctyl terephthalate (DOTP)
- Commentary and ad hoc prices for di-isodecyl phthalate (DIDP), dioctyl adipate (DOA) and trioctyl trimellitate (TOTM)
- Ad hoc coverage of prices and regional supply/demand assessments for eastern Europe, the US, Turkey and the Asia-Pacific region
- Prices for feedstocks naphtha, phthalic anhydride (PA), propylene, 2-ethylhexanol (2-EH), purified terephthalic acid (PTA), paraxylene (PX) and orthoxylene (OX), as well as production capacities and market developments
- An analysis of the dynamics between the ortho-phthalate and non ortho-phthalate plasticizer markets, including factors such as changes in legislation
- Key developments including specialty/green alternatives, and other potential future trends
ICIS collects pricing data on a wide range of chemical, energy and fertilizer products, including Phthalate Plasticizers. Our extensive experience in price reporting means we can offer you access to historical data dating back more than 20 years for certain commodities.
Our time series of pricing data enables you to build and model trends, to get a view of where markets might be heading. The data service includes charting functionality, allowing you to chart and download multiple data series for manipulation in your own internal models. You can also export data to Excel via the ICIS dashboard service.
ICIS price assessments are based on information gathered from a wide cross-section of the market, comprising consumers, producers, traders and distributors from more than 250 reporters world-wide. Confirmed deals, verified by both buyer and seller, provide the foundation of our price assessments.
Our in-depth market knowledge drives our specialist focus, as we recognise the importance of individual market dynamics and not a one-size-fits-all approach.
Over 25 years of reporting on key chemicals markets, including Phthalate Plasticizers, has brought global recognition of our methodology as being unbiased, authoritative and rigorous in preserving our editorial integrity. Our global network of reporters in Houston, London, Singapore, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Mumbai, Perth and Moscow ensures unrivalled coverage of established and emerging markets.