The chemical industry is the best leading indicator for the global economy. On Friday, I had the privilege of discussing a wide range of key issues with Ajaya Sharma in a lunchtime interview for India’s main business station, ET Now.
Our interview focused on a number of critical areas and why the future is going to be a New Normal:
- Are there real signs of recovery in the global economy?
- Are companies starting to reshore production after the supply chain problems of the last few months?
- How will today’s ageing populations change global demand patterns?
- How can India exploit its uniqueness in having a very young population?
- Why cost-curve leadership is no longer critical, now the world is moving into an era of energy abundance
- Why understanding demand patterns, and being close to customers, will be key to future success
Please click here if you would like to watch the video interview (12 minutes)